Apply HP PVC-free Wall Paper
With HP PVC-free Wall Paper, you can create custom-designed, truly unique wall decorations that enable a powerful combination of professional photography, professional interior design, and digital printing technology.
Not only can you create your own custom designs, but you can also easily apply and remove your wall decoration.
HP PVC-free Wall Paper can be easily removed
from the wall. Residual adhesive can be easily wiped clean with water and a sponge.
Prepare the wall
The wall surface should be clean, dry, structurally sound and free of mildew, grease, or other stains, and free of irregularities in order to achieve the best hanging performance and complete removal when redecorating.
To apply on drywall.
For best results, apply to a wall surface that has been painted with one coat of builder’s primer and one coat of latex paint (note: this is typical of new construction; a wall surface that has been painted with a single coat of primer or a coat of satin or gloss paint is acceptable). The wall surface should be clean, smooth, and free of debris or contaminants.
To apply over paint.
Painted walls should be primed, smooth, and free from debris. Check the wall surface to determine the condition of the paint adhesion. If the paint is old, damaged, or flaking, priming is highly recommended.
To apply to a wall previously covered with wall paper.
Any old wall paper remaining should be removed as well as the old adhesive (remove by sanding or using adhesive remover). Primer should be applied to the wall surface that is clean, smooth, and free of the old adhesive.
To apply over paneling.
Any grooves should be filled to achieve a smooth surface, then covered with an adhesion-promoting primer.
To apply to a wall currently covered with wall paper. Not recommended.
Apply the wall paper
Follow these step-by-step instructions
- Loosely roll the printed wall paper with the printed side facing in
- Completely submerge the rolled wall paper in water (in a wall paper tray) for 10 to 15 seconds to activate the adhesive
- Remove the roll by pulling the leading edge out of the tray slowly, glue-side up
- “Book” the wall paper by laying it on the floor glue-side up, than folding the glue side against itself for approximately 1 minute
(avoid creasing the paper when booking) Note: this product expands slightly in water; for best results, soak and book each panel the same amount of time
- Unfold the top half of the wall paper, leaving the bottom half of the wall paper booked, and position the glue-exposed portion of the top of the wall paper on the wall
- Once satisfied with the initial positioning, unfold the wall paper exposing the remaining glue surface
- Using a damp sponge, smooth downward and outward
- Tip: Do not over smooth–bubbles smaller than the size of a U.S. Quarter (about 24 mm in diameter) will dissipate as the wall covering sets